Minor - Art/Art History
Required Courses (15 hours):
- A minor must contain at least 9 hours of upper division course work.
- Courses taken to satisfy Core Areas I through V may not be counted as course work in the minor.
- Courses taken in Core Area VI may be counted as course work in the minor.
(All courses used to satisfy the minor requirement must be passed with a grade of "C" (2.0) or better.)
ARHI 2300 or
ARHI 2311H and
ARHI 2400 or
ARHI 2411H (or their equivalents) are the prerequisites for all
upper-level Art History classes.
Fifteen hours of upper-level
- Nine hours of 3000-level courses (3 courses) must be completed before a student is able to enroll in a 4000-level courses.
- Six hours (2 courses) must be at the 4000-level. Even as a registered minor, students need permission from the Area to register for a 4000-level class.
- Of the fifteen hours of upper-level ARHI courses required, twelve hours are required in residence for the minor.
- Students must complete 3000-level courses in three of the following areas:
* ARHI 3090 and
ARHI 4915/6915 are variable courses and will depend on the instructor and topic as to what
area requirements these courses can be used to fulfill. Contact the department for more information.
TOTAL HOURS: 15
For more information about minor course work, contact: