Minor - Consumer FoodsProgram Description
A Consumer Foods minor provides a knowledge base for persons interested in foods and food ingredients as applied to food selection, preparation, home processing, storage and serving of safe food to consumers across the lifespan. Food quality, as well as the effects of culture, lifestyle, and economics are explored.
- Must earn at least a "C" grade (2.0) or better in each minor course.
- A minor must contain at least 9 hours of upper division course work.
- Courses taken to satisfy Core Areas I through V cannot be counted as course work in the minor.
- Courses taken in Core Area VI may be counted as course work in the minor.
- Courses taken for a minor cannot count in a major required area.
- All prerequisites must be met for the courses.
TOTAL HOURS: 15
For more information about minor course work, contact:
- Log into Athena. Go to the Student tab, then click on My Programs.
- Click the Add Minor button, select the minor you wish to add, and confirm your selection.
- Refer to the UGA Bulletin for minor course requirements.