Minor - EcologyMission: To understand the discipline of ecology as an experimental science and a science of living organisms and their environment. To be familiar with the application of ecology as an environmental management tool. To explore a focus in ecology or a related field with a strong ecological application.
- A minor must contain at least 9 hours of upper division course work.
- Courses taken to satisfy Core Areas I through V may not be counted as course work in the minor.
- Courses taken in Core Area VI may be counted as course work in the minor.
- All courses used to satisfy the minor must be passed with a grade of "C"(2.0) or better.
- Up to 4 hours of research can be counted as course work in the minor.
Electives (6-9 hours):
Choose two courses from the following categories:
Population Ecology and Genetics
Ecosystem and Community Ecology
TOTAL HOURS: 17-19
For more information about minor course work, contact: