Minor - Nutritional SciencesProgram Description:
It is well established that special
elements in foods and combinations of foods are not only required for optimal growth and development,
but also are strongly implicated in health promotion and disease prevention and treatment. This minor
provides a knowledge base for those persons interested in nutrition science and health issues.
OR OTHER APPROVED ELECTIVE
- Must earn at least a "C" grade (2.0) in each minor course.
- A minor must contain at least 9 hours of upper division course work.
- Courses taken to satisfy Core Areas I through V cannot be counted as course work in the minor.
- Courses taken in Core Area VI may be counted as course work in the minor.
- Courses taken for a minor cannot count in a major required area.
- All prerequisites must be met for the courses.
TOTAL HOURS: 15
- Log into Athena. Go to the Student tab, then click on My Programs.
- Click the Add Minor button, select the minor you wish to add, and confirm your selection.
- Refer to the UGA Bulletin for minor course requirements.
For more information about minor course work, contact:
109 Dawson Hall