|Course ID:||CSCI(ARTI) 4540/6540. 3 hours. |
|Course Title:||Symbolic Programming|
|Programming in LISP and PROLOG, with emphasis on artificial intelligence techniques. Other languages used for artificial intelligence work will be presented more briefly.|
|Oasis Title:||SYMBOLIC PROG|
|Prerequisite:||CSCI 1302 or permission of department|
|Pre or Corequisite:||CSCI(PHIL) 4550/6550|
|Not offered on a regular basis. |
|Grading System:||A-F (Traditional)|
Students will gain a working knowledge of the two primary artificial intelligence
programming languages, LISP and PROLOG.
This will be achieved via extensive programming exercises using LISP and PROLOG.
Students will be introduced to other artificial intelligence programming paradigms
as well as the development of artificial intelligence applications.
- Introduction to Symbolic Computation
- LISP, Syntax and Semantics
- Object-Oriented Programming in LISP
- Representing and Manipulating Frames in LISP
- PROLOG, Syntax and Semantics
- Procedural Programming in PROLOG
- Declarative Programming in PROLOG
- Other Artificial Intelligence Programming Languages
- Developing AI Applications