|Course ID:||ACCT 1160. 3 hours. |
|Course Title:||Survey of Accounting|
|An overview of the basic concepts of financial and managerial
accounting. Students are taught how to prepare, read, and
analyze corporate financial statements. Additionally, students
are taught the tools and techniques necessary for managerial
planning, controlling, and decision making.|
|Oasis Title:||Survey of Accounting|
|Offered every year. |
|Grading System:||A-F (Traditional)|
1. To view accounting as a crucial player in today's economic environment.
2. To work on the preparation and interpretation of financial reports.
3. To form the conceptual basis for acceptable accounting principles.
4. To examine how costs affect financial results and decisions.
5. To develop financial information which is helpful for internal users such as
1. Introduction of Accounting and Business
2. Analyzing Transactions
3. The Matching Concept and the Adjusting Process
4. Completing the Accounting Cycle
5. Accounting for Merchandising Business
6. Accounting Systems, Internal Controls, and Cash
9. Fixed Assets and Intangible Assets
10. Current Liabilities
11. Corporations: Income & Taxes, Stockholder's Equity, & Investments in Stocks
12. Introduction to Managerial Accounting and Job Order Cost Systems
13. Profit Reporting for Management Analysis\
14. Performance Evaluation Using Variances from Standard Costs