|Course ID:||MIST 7520. 3 hours. |
|Course Title:||Project Management|
|Fundamentals and practical aspects of project management,
especially with regard to managing software development in an
|Oasis Title:||PROJECT MANAGEMENT|
|Grading System:||A-F (Traditional)|
1. Understand the basic concepts and techniques for managing
2. Understand specific problems and issues in managing software
3. Recognize problems involving communicating with clients, team
management, project scope containment, delays and cost overruns.
4. Develop skills in managing and controlling projects.
1. What is a project?
2. Overview of traditional project management - defining,
planning, executing, controlling, closing.
3. Scoping the project.
4. Identifying project activities.
5. Estimating duration, resource requirements and cost.
6. Constructing, analyzing and using project network diagrams.
7. Finalizing the schedule and cost.
8. Recruiting, organizing and managing the project team.
9. Monitoring and controlling progress.
10. Critical chain project management.
11. Closing out the project.
|Honor Code Reference:|
Students are expected to adhere strictly to the University Honor
Code and Academic Honesty Policy and to follow generally
accepted standards of honesty in all assignments and examinations.