|Course ID:||MIST 7570. 3 hours. |
|Course Title:||Internet Programming I|
|Introduction to Java Web applications using servlets and
JavaServer pages (JSP). Basic servlet programming, accessing
form data, database access using JDBC, Java Standard Tag Library
(JSTL), security, and authentication. Deployment and
administration of an application server such as Apache Tomcat.
Use of an IDE to develop and deploy applications.|
|Oasis Title:||INTERNET PROG I|
|Prerequisite:||MIST 7500 and MIST 7510|
|Grading System:||A-F (Traditional)|
1. Understand the concepts and principles of Web-based
2. Develop skills to design and construct Web applications using
servlets and JavaServer pages.
3. Learn to utilize such technologies as JDBC, javabeans, JSTL.
4. Learn to utilize useful patterns such as MVC architecture.
5. Develop ability to manage an application server such as
Jakarta Tomcat and be able to deploy applications on a server.
6. Develop experience using a Java IDE to write and test code.
1. Introduction to Web application technology.
2. Review of relevant Java technology.
3. Servlet technology.
4. The MVC architecture.
5. Javaserver Pages.
6. Custom tag libraries, Struts and related technologies.
|Honor Code Reference:|
Students are expected to adhere strictly to the University Honor
Code and Academic Honesty Policy and to follow generally
accepted standards of honesty in all assignments and examinations.