A minor must contain 15 to 18 semester hours of course work, with at least 9 hours of upper division course work (numbered 3000 or above). Courses taken to satisfy Core Areas I through V may not be counted as course work in the minor. Courses taken in Core Area VI may be counted as course work in the minor. The intent of establishing minor fields of study is to offer students the opportunity to broaden their education through the minor field. The selection of a minor field of study should be made to fulfill this goal.

The department shall make available to students the requirements for the minor--the total number of hours required, along with the enumeration of any particular courses that are mandated or excluded, residency requirements (if any) for the minor courses, and grade requirements for minor courses if those requirements differ from the general University standard for credit (a D as the minimum passing grade).

A student may select a minor in consultation with his or her advisor. The student may then consult an advisor in the minor field who can inform the student of remaining requirements for the minor. When the student has met the requirements for the minor, the advisor in the minor field will then certify that fact to the student's dean. The completed minor will be recorded on the student's permanent transcript, but not on the diploma. For students completing a minor after graduation, the statement shall appear on the transcript in chronological order following the courses taken subsequent to graduation. A student must be enrolled at the time a minor is approved by the University Council, or subsequent to that date, to receive credit for the minor. A student may have more than one minor.

Select a Minor:

Minors Listing

Minor - Environmental Law

  • Students are required to complete at least 15 hours of course work (minimum grade of "C" (2.0) for each course) for the minor, and all prerequisites must be taken prior to enrolling in the required courses.
  • Courses taken to satisfy Core Areas I through V may not be counted.
  • Courses being counted as part of a student's requirements for a major may be counted as part of the course work for the minor.
  • No student shall take more than one minor in the Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.

I. Choose one of the following (3 hours):
ENVM(AAEC) 4930/6930 or ENVM(AAEC) 4930E/6930E 3
JURI(FANR)(ECOL) 4810/6810 3

II. Choose one course from the following (3 hours):
AAEC 4050/6050  3
AAEC 4210/6210  3
AAEC(ENVM) 4710/6710  3
ENVM 3060  or ENVM 3060E 3
ENVM(EHSC) 4250/6250  3
ENVM 4650/6650  3
ENVM 4800/6800 3

III. Choose two additional courses from Part II or from the following (5-8 hours):
ANTH 4540/6540-4540L/6540L  3
CMLT 3210  3
COMM 3320  3
CRSS(FANR) 3060  4
(ECOL 3500, ECOL 3500L 3
EETH 4200/6200 4
EETH(JURI) 5870/7870  2
EHSC 3060  3
(FANR 3200W, FANR 3200L) 4
GEOG 3210 3
GEOG 4810/6810  3
JURI(FANR)(ECOL) 4810/6810  4
LEGL(REAL) 5200  3
PHIL(EETH) 4220/6220  3
REAL 4000 or REAL 4000H   3

IV. Choose one additional course from Parts II or III or from the following (3 hours):
JRLC 5040/7040  3
LEGL 4400/6400  3
PHIL 4240/6240  3
POLS 4600  3
POLS 4700 or POLS 4700H   3
POLS 4710 or POLS 4710H   3
POLS 4740 or POLS 4740H   3


For more information about minor course work, contact:
            Whitney Jones
            Academic Advisor
            (706) 542-7890